Some of the most common heavy metals are mercury, aluminum, and lead. Believe it or not, you are exposed to these heavy metals constantly, from the air, the food you eat and the water you drink. When your body absorbs these toxins, they build up inside, often causing toxicity signs and symptoms.
Here are 10 signs that your body is full of toxic heavy metals:
1. Nausea: Nausea is a common symptom of acute heavy metal poisoning. If you were exposed to a large amount of metal at once, from something toxic that you ate, for example, your symptoms may include nausea.
2. Vomiting: Vomiting is another common symptom of acute heavy metal poisoning. After exposure, your body may be desperately trying to rid itself of the toxins.
3. Headaches: Headaches can be caused by long-term or chronic exposure to heavy metals. The toxins building up in the body can cause chronic headaches.
4. Difficulty breathing: Heavy metal toxicity in the body can wreak havoc on the respiratory system. Difficulty breathing can be a sign of mercury poisoning.
5. Skin problems: Rashes and other skin problems can develop due to heavy metal poisoning in the body. Skin problems occur when the toxins begin to seep through the skin.
6. Abdominal pain & cramping: Cramping and abdominal pain may be signs of toxic heavy metal poisoning. When heavy metals accumulate in the body, they begin to cause damage to different parts of the body, including reproductive organs in adults.
7. Confusion: Heavy metal toxicity can affect the brain in the form of confusion and memory loss. Other neurological symptoms can include headaches, irritability, coma, and convulsions.
8. Night sweats: The body often attempts to rid itself of toxins through sweat. Night sweats or excessive sweating could be signs of heavy metal poisoning.
9. Constipation: Heavy metal toxicity can negatively affect the digestive system, causing an upset stomach, diarrhea, and constipation on a regular basis.
10. Joint and muscle pain: Long-term exposure to toxic heavy metals can cause pain in the body. Joint pain, muscle pain, and weakness may all be signs of poisoning.
Foods to help combat heavy metal poisoning
1. Parsley: Parsley is a natural antioxidant with the ability to search for and trap free radicals, which can cause damage to the cells. The herb has the ability to extract heavy metals from the body to prevent further damage.
2. Cilantro: Cilantro has the ability to bind to toxic heavy metals in the body and eliminate them through natural digestion, making the herb an effective natural remedy for heavy metal toxicity.
3. Chlorella: Chlorella is a green alga that grows in fresh water. It has powerful antioxidant properties that help fight against heavy metal poisoning, especially in the intestines. It can be added to your diet as a supplement to help detox heavy metals.
Watch the video below for a cilantro pesto heavy metal detox recipe: