Menstruation is the worst nightmare for women – during this period, a woman can get depressed and definitely feels more vulnerable.
Although it’s not easy, there are many things you can do that will reduce the pain and ease the discomfort during your period.
Besides keeping your hygiene at a high level, here are 9 habits you should avoid doing during your menstrual cycle:
- Never wear the same hygienic pad for the whole day. This is the main cause for vaginal infections and odor. Change the pads every 3-5 hours and you should be fine.
- When you’re already in pain, don’t make it worse. This means that you should plan a root canal or any other painful procedure while on your period.
- Having unexpected sex during your period can increase the risk of infections, so it’s best to stay away from it.
- Strenuous exercise during periods is a big no-no as it may cause further problems.
- Never skip meals during your period – this will only make you eat more and make you gain weight!
- Late night meals and snacks should be avoided as they will make matters worse.
- A good night sleep is crucial if you want to be more relaxed. Menstrual cramps can make it hard to fall asleep, but you should do everything you can to relax and have a peaceful night.
- Dairy products contain a lot of arachidonic acid which can increase the pain and cramps overnight, so make sure to avoid them.
- Finally, you should avoid watching sad and depressing movies or listening to depressing music during your period. This will put you in a worse psychological state than you are and make your life harder