As long as you are bitten by a snake, it is advised to get a fast medical aid if possible. Your life will be at risk if you are bitten by a harmless snake or a poisonous one.
Fortunately, there are home remedies that are within your reach if you or anyone in your family was bitten by a snake. Here are the things that you need to do:
Call an ambulance
- If the snake has been considered as poisonous.
- If the victim has trouble in breathing.
- If the victim loses consciousness.
Protect the victim
- Explain to the medical staff that not all are poisonous in order to lessen chaos and panic.
- Gradually move the victim away from the snake.
- Position the victim with the wound below the heart.
- You need to make sure that the victim rests and is calmed down in order to keep the venom from spreading.
- Wrap the wound with a sterile bandage, take any jewelry from the snake bite area or get rid the shoes if the foot were bitten.
Things that discourage:
- Cut a bitten wound.
- Try to suck out the venom.
- Apply a tourniquet, ice or water.
- Give the person alcohol or caffeinated drinks or any other medications.